The marketplace is an open forum for buying, selling, and trading.
We don't take responsibility for the transactions you make! This is only a place to connect people. Below is the etiquette for how to go about the business of using the Marketplace. Moderators reserve the right to remove your listings if the etiquette outlined here isn't followed.
Future policy: Posting on the Marketplace will require the Verified user group which is assigned to users with at least 25 posts on the forum. You can participate in existing posts to buy or trade, hijacking threads to sell or spamming posts in order to gain the Verified status can be met with moderator action.
The above policy is not yet implemented owing to new forums. Please expect the policy to become active by January 2022.
How to post a thread correctly
Use WTB (Buy), WTT (Trade), and WTS (Sell) in your title as the first characters of the title. Do this or your thread will be closed.
- When you are selling post prices INCLUDING SHIPPING COST TO U.S.
- If someone wants to buy outside the US, then you can respond to them. We’re not allowed to start controlling everything but the gift option will only be used if both parties agree (both seller and buyer).
- If the buyer prefers to have the buyer protection that comes with the regular option, the seller will have to accept that. It’s always been the duty of the seller to handle fees.
- Do not ask or require payment via PayPal using the gift option. Do not set a secondary price for a buyer to pay so it will include the money PayPal takes. We do not recommend using PayPal gift to pay & sellers can not demand it or refuse payment over it.
- Do not post “I want to see how much it's worth” or “you make me an offer”. If you don’t know, put a ballpark range and also say “Not sure how much it's worth so if it's too high, post your offers”.
- For trading threads, make sure to post WHAT YOU WANT and WHAT YOU ARE TRADING.
- Any time you are posting, please describe the item in full detail. I know this should be common sense but please write as much as possible. If the disc is scratched, write that. If the case is cracked, write that. If it's missing the charger, write that.
The rule of thumb is buyer pays first, then once the seller receives the payment, they ship the item. This is typically the case of every transaction. If the buyer and seller agree to do it the other way around, that is fine. But if there is any dispute of who sends what first, the buyer must pay first. If you don’t like it, then void the transaction.
If you are using PayPal to pay, do not use the gift option. Reason being, if something goes wrong, you can not get your money back from PayPal even if you dispute it. A gift is just that, a GIFT. Don’t expect PayPal to help you. Yes, sending money as a gift does not charge any fees, but cover your ass and have the seller lose a couple of cents. Gift items also can not be insured. So if you are buying a stick and it breaks in the shipping process, you are out of luck.
After your transaction: Please edit your thread title and/or post to just “Sold” so I can delete it. I don’t want to see people getting sad when they see a dream sale and then they bump it wanting to buy it but it's already sold. If I see a thread get bumped and the OP says “Sorry, sold”. This will result in a warning for the OP.
eBay: If you are selling on eBay, it is acceptable here. The only thing you must do is write IN THE THREAD TITLE “ON EBAY”. Some people don’t have eBay accounts or don’t like dealing with them so please make sure you write that in your title.
If you are trading/selling electronics (which is highly likely here) package these things so that it has enough bubble wrap/peanuts/newspaper. I don't care what you use just pack it good so if it’s dropped it does no harm.
Let’s say for example Jack bought a GameCube from Bob. Jack gets the GameCube but the GameCube does not work upon arrival because of poor packaging/ lack of packaging. If Jack can post pics of how the package is and it does show that it is poorly packaged, this is grounds for refunds under buyer protection.
What is NOT allowed
- Controlled substances for human or animal consumption.
- Any porn material or paraphernalia.
- Cryptocurrency or speculative trading of any kind.
- Anything involving copyrighted material. This includes stick art, stickers, vinyl decals, etc.
- Pirated content (games, video, music, etc.). Original second-hand copies unless they are original works that YOU own the rights to.
- Game accounts and in-game items (World of Warcraft / Diablo II / Final Fantasy XIV, PlayStation, Steam, etc.). Anything that could break the game's ToS.
These rules are strict. Try to sell any of the above and you will be banned.
- DO NOT make duplicate threads of the same things
- Don’t have one sell thread for some item then make another for the same item.
- DO NOT Spam to get the 25 posts. You will get a warning for spamming.
- DO NOT bump your own thread for no reason unless you are price dropping at least 5%.
Usually, this happens a lot, without a price drop. It usually gets ignored, but when it becomes obvious that no one here is interested in your item then it’s time to move on.
- DO NOT put sold in the thread if you are not the seller.
- DO NOT make a Want to Buy thread without checking at least the first couple of pages in the Trading Outlet first. Chances are someone is probably already selling what you want to buy.
- DO NOT crap other people's threads just because you don’t like the item or the price!!
- One of the biggest rules here. Don’t post negativity in threads because you hate the item, don’t agree or like the price, or just don’t want the seller to find success in selling it.
These are things that will get your thread closed/deleted and get you infractions towards your banning.
Useful tips for transactions:
- Always send merchandise with a confirmation number (.60 cents).
- If you don’t have packing supplies, use newspaper for shipping supplies instead of peanuts and bubble sheets.
- Try to avoid sending cash and using western union.
- Keep track of what you bought. Save the PMs from people you buy and sell until the transaction is complete.
- Read people’s feedback threads. It’s very important to know the seller's history on selling items if you can, it could prevent a scam from happening.
Private messaging on Flarum
If you are unfamiliar with the Flarum forum software we use at SuperCombo, you can create private messages with the "Private Discussions" link on the left-hand side (or in the drop-down list at the bottom on mobile). You will be able to invite the user to a discussion that nobody else can read (except moderators, to be clear).